June 26, 2015
• Italian Festa 10-14th August $20.00
• House Athletics 13th August $14.00
• CSIRO Incursion August 14th FREE
• Scienceworks Excursion $20.00
• African Beat Drumming Incursion 27th August $5.50
• Library Incursion 7th September $7.00
March 18, 2015
CERES Excursion Tuesday, 28th April 2015
Grade 4 students will be attending CERES Ecology Program on Tuesday, 28th April 2015 as part of their Inquiry studies during Term 2, 2015. Activities students will participate in are:
- “Netting for Water Bugs” – a hands on experience of netting and discovering the creatures living in our waterways.
- “Biodiversity & Habitat Corridors” – exploring the human impacts on ecosystems and species biodiversity and investigating ways to maintain, improve or restore natural habitats.
- “Indigenous Plants” – learning to identify various indigenous plant species, their uses for food, drink, medicine, tools and building materials
- “Worms & Mini-beasts” – learning how to set up and maintain a worm farm. Hunting for mini-beasts and learning about food webs and their importance to a healthy environment.
Buses will leave at 9:00am SHARP so please be at school before this time. We look forward to this interesting excursion. Should you have any questions regarding the excursion, please do not hesitate to contact your classroom teacher.
The Grade 4 Teachers (Helen, Peter, Georgie and Kate)
October 9, 2014
Just a reminder to parents that the Term 4 Excursion Levy must be paid by Monday, 13th October 2014.
The Grade 4 Teachers
April 23, 2014
Welcome back everyone to Term 2, 2014. The grade 4 students are looking forward to the new Inquiry unit titled “How Do Living Things Survive?”
An excursion to Edendale Farm is planned for all students on Thursday, 8th May 2014 .